USA and Canada 2018: Hawaiian Explorer First Class Summer 2018
Brochure Type: USA and Canada 2018
The highlights of Hawaii-trendy Waikiki, World War II history revealed at Pearl Harbor and live volcanic action at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park-are yours to discover on this island hop in Pacific paradise, but not without some free time to relax on the beaches of Kona and Kaanapali.
- Orientation of Honolulu, Kailua-Kona
- Visit Pearl Harbor, USS Arizona Memorial, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Jaggar Museum, Maui Ocean Center, Thurston Lava Tube, Kilauea Volcano, a local farm on Maui
- 7 full breakfasts
- 2 dinners
- 2 lunches (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Aloha Welcome with a flower lei on arrival at Honolulu International Airport on Day 1
- A Trafalgar Bonus - All inter-island flights: Honolulu-Hilo and Hilo-Kahului including all airport transfers
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Your choice of three hotel categories: Moderate, First Class and Premier accommodation including two-bedded rooms with private facilities, all hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Honolulu||Arrive Honolulu, Oahu - Waikiki (2 Nights): Welcome to Hawaii. In the traditional Aloha spirit, you'll be greeted at the airport with a flower lei. Explore your hotel in the heart of Waikiki Beach and spend the rest of the afternoon as you like. At 6 p.m., gather for a Hawaiian-style Welcome Reception with your Travel Director and fellow travellers.Welcome Reception|
Outrigger Waikiki Beach (Moderate - CV, First Class - POV, Premier - DOV)
|Day 2||Pearl Harbor and Honolulu||Pearl Harbor and Honolulu Sightseeing: Begin your exploration of Oahu with a visit to Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial, a moving tribute to the military personnel who lost their lives in the 1941 attack that launched the U.S. into World War II. After a drive through the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, located in Punchbowl Crater, return to downtown Honolulu to see the splendid Iolani Palace, the iconic King Kamehameha I Statue and the state capitol building. Spend the rest of the afternoon enjoying Waikiki.Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Keauhou Bay||Oahu - Kona - Keauhou Bay, Hawaii (2 Nights): Your morning begins with a short, scenic flight to the Big Island of Hawaii. Upon arrival, enjoy an orientation tour of the lively seaside village of Kailua-Kona followed by time to explore the local shops in this charming town. Kona is famous for its tasty coffee and you'll learn more about these fragrant beans and the process of growing them at a local coffee plantation with a Local Specialist. Later, check in to your oceanside resort and perhaps get a glimpse of the most famous guests about the property: the manta rays. Meet your Local Specialist at the hotel's Manta Ray Learning Center for an exciting presentation about these large and graceful animals. In the evening, enjoy rich island flavours at Rays on the Bay with views of these resident sea creatures.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
Sheraton Kona Resort and Spa (Moderate - MV, First Class - POV, Premier - OV)
|Day 4||Kona||Kona: Wake to the sound of the sea and explore one of the most beautiful areas in the world on your own today. Options abound: don a snorkel and mask to see some of Hawaii's colourful and varied marine life, experience a spectacular helicopter flightseeing excursion over the Big Island or just relax and enjoy the pool and other facilities at your oceanside resort.Full Breakfast|
|Day 5||Kaanapali Beach||Keauhou Bay - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park - Hilo - Kaanapali Beach, Maui (3 Nights): Bid farewell to Kona as you make your way to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that's home to the world's largest volcano. On the way, see the immense stretches of black sand beaches the island is known for and enjoy a stop at the southernmost bakery in the United States. Once inside the park, learn about the fiery geology of the islands and walk through a real lava tube followed by a visit to an interpretive museum. Afterward, enjoy lunch at The Rim restaurant offering unparalleled views of the Kilauea caldera. Later, travel to Hilo where you board your flight to Maui, the Valley Isle. Formerly a royal retreat, magnificent Kaanapali Beach is often ranked as one of America's finest beaches. Check in to your beachfront resort and relax for the evening.Full Breakfast, Lunch|
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa (Moderate - RV, First Class - POV, Premier - OV)
|Day 6||Maui||Maui Sightseeing: This morning, travel along the coast to the Maui Ocean Center. Here you'll be introduced to the center's conservation naturalists who are passionate in sharing the underwater world with you. The center is home to the world's largest collection of live Pacific corals, elusive Hawaiian green sea turtles, sharks and thousands of vibrant tropical fish. Next, head into the countryside to visit a local farm and learn about the sustainable agriculture on the islands. Toast your host with a glass of wine and indulge in a Be My Guest lunch serving up Hawaiian specialities made with the freshest local ingredients. This evening enjoy the sunset from your resort, stroll over to nearby Whalers Village or venture into old town Lahaina to try one of the many festive restaurants.Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 7||Maui||Maui: Enjoy a full free day in paradise as you chart your own course through Maui's wonderlands. Spend some time on the long white-sand beaches. Explore the old whaling village of Lahaina with its trendy art galleries and welcoming cafes or enjoy one of the other many exciting optional experiences offered. Perhaps rise well before the sun to journey up to the summit of Haleakala. At 10,023 feet (3,055 metres), it is the island's highest peak and assures the best sunrise view. Join your travelling companions this evening for a lively Hawaiian Luau, and Farewell Dinner, featuring a Hawaiian feast and tropical cocktails with the songs and dances of old Hawaii.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||DEPART MAUI||Depart Maui: A hui hou... until we meet again. Take your transfer to the airport or extend your stay in Maui.Full Breakfast|
- Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $2,895.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Country ExplorerBrochure Type: USA and Canada 2018The highlights of Hawaii-trendy Waikiki, World War II history revealed at Pearl Harbor and live volcanic action at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park-are yours to discover on this island ho...