Europe At Leisure 2018: Madrid Explorer NEW Madrid Explorer *NEW*
Brochure Type: Europe At Leisure 2018
Set your watch to the fiery pace of Spain's effervescent capital - a passionate encounter with Don Quixote, Count Orgaz and the delicious Madrilenian flavours of tapas. Embrace la buena vida on this spellbinding sojourn admiring the treasures of el Prado, Toledo's famous synagogue and the remnants of Rome in Segovia.
- City tour in Madrid and Toledo
- Orientation in Segovia
- See trendy Gran Via, the Royal Palace and the Cibeles Fountain
- View Plaza Espana in Madrid, the Roman Aqueduct and Alcazar in Segovia
- Visit the Prado Museum in Madrid, the Church of Santo Tome and Toledo Synagogue in Toledo
- 5 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 dinners with local wine
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Madrid||Arrive Madrid: Live it up in the soulful Spanish capital of Madrid - a city that truly never sleeps and whose creativity, rich traditions and vibrant lifestyle are yours to explore today. Later, meet with your fellow travellers and Travel Director for an evening orientation drive to the city's iconic sights, followed by a memorable Welcome Reception of traditional Spanish tapas to kick start our in-depth exploration of this effervescent city and its surrounds. Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Madrid||Madrid Sightseeing and Prado Museum: Enjoy a mesmerising encounter with centuries of history and fascinating cultural highlights as you embark on a sightseeing tour of Madrid with your Local Specialist. See Plaza Espana, trendy Gran Via, the Royal Palace and the Cibeles Fountain of Don Quixote fame. We'll visit the renowned Prado Museum, with one of the finest collections of European art dating back to the 12th century where you can view the likes of 'Las Meninas', Francisco Goya's haunting collection of 'Black Paintings' and the whimsical art of Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida. The rest of the day is yours to embrace la buena vida and soak up the passionate atmosphere of Madrid's vibrant streets.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Madrid||Toledo Excursion with Chocolate and Churros Tasting: Travel to the clifftop city of Toledo today, where you'll join your Local Specialist for a guided walking tour of the city's quaint streets. Visit the Church of Santo Tome, home to one of El Greco's most famous paintings - the Burial of Count Orgaz, and the synagogue, the oldest synagogue building still standing in Europe. Spend some time ambling through the city's streets and shopping for ceramics and leather before returning to Madrid. This afternoon we take you for a delicious Cultural Insight into a renowned and historic chocolateria where you'll indulge in the spicy, sugary flavours of churros. Enjoy some free time to explore before returning to your hotel. This evening, we enjoy a Regional Meal at a well-known eatery that has been a meeting place in Madrid for intellectuals, writers and artists since 1888.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 4||Madrid||At Leisure or Optional Experience to Avila: Today is yours to soak up the spirit of Madrid. Indulge in local flavours and aromas at the Mercado de San Miguel or to take a stroll through Buen Retiro Park. Once a royal garden, today this retreat is the green heart of the city, lined with beautiful sculptures and monuments and almost impervious to the bustle of Madrid's streets all around. Alternatively consider a full day Optional Experience to Avila, the 'Town of Stones and Saints' so named for its exquisite churches that lie within this UNESCO-listed fortified city's walls. Get a real taste of the city with Trafalgar's exclusive VizEat Optional Experiences. Share delicious traditional flavours with a local family in their home.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Madrid||Segovia Excursion: Journey to the walled town of Segovia today to explore its victorious origins. Admire the extraordinary Roman Aqueduct, by far the most impressive Roman structure in Spain - delivering drinking water across its impressive 160 arches to the people of Segovia in ancient times. We'll view the fairy-tale Alcazar of Segovia and the medieval and Moorish architecture that has shaped this city. We return to Madrid this evening, joining our Travel Director and fellow travel companions for a memorable Spanish paella Farewell Dinner and celebration of a mesmerising encounter with Madrid and the iconic cities that surround it.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 6||Depart Madrid||Depart Madrid: For now, it's time to say a fond adios to Spain and your newfound friends as your Spanish holiday comes to an end. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $1,895.00 (USD)
Tour Type: At LeisureBrochure Type: Europe At Leisure 2018Set your watch to the fiery pace of Spain's effervescent capital - a passionate encounter with Don Quixote, Count Orgaz and the delicious Madrilenian flavours of tapas.